Tuesday 4 December 2007

where the streets have no name

This entry is mainly just a bit of a test for the "imbed a video link" that apparently is possible. Let's see if it works ...



Okay, you should see a not all that exciting or probably even remotely interesting slideshow (with an excellent U2 song as a soundtrack) of drivable machinery I used to have on a property I also used to have before "love turned to rust". The tractor is an old International B250, and the Z car at the beginning was done up for a street parade. Supposed to be a robotic santa and sleigh (shrug). The trucks are Leyland, and the Ute is a 1954 Hillman. No seatbelts. The Bus is an old 5-pot Daimler which I used to spend quite a lot of time in towards the end of my marriage. Sad to leave it all behind (including the house I personally spent many years building with my own hands ...)

Another case of "Gimel Zayin Yud" ? ("This Too Shall Pass")

Pardon me for the mood potentially conveyed by the display of aged and rusty vehicles, but I can get a bit maudlin and machine-like around about this time of year due to some very exciting yet particularly sad and disappointing news I received back on the 16th of December, 1999. Those who know, know, and those who don't, can't (but no, it was nothing to do with my marriage.)

Oh, obviously I get somewhat enigmatic around about this time of year too. (smile)

regarDS